Friday, March 04, 2005

Weekend

Wisdom is presented in Proverbs as a woman: a schoolmarm, a wife, a wealthy patroness. "Many modern men do not understand women because they do not understand wisdom, and they do not understand wisdom because they do not approach her as a woman."
-Douglas Wilson
One more reason to like him. (as if it was needed)
Christ triumphed over the principalities and powers, humiliating them deeply. Christ is the archtype of all dragon-slayers, the archtype of all giant killers. As He put it, when He bound the strong man, He stripped him of all his panoply. Christ defeated the devil and made off with his armor.-ibid
Another reason.
I'm now listening to the Community Evangelical Fellowship Ministerial Conference 1999 on Poetic Ministry. You don't realize how much Greek thought pervades everything until you really sit and think. (Trying to imagine yourself separte from all things material will help) For a person as unimaginative as me, I hardly understand what these guys are saying. In a wierd way, I agree. I think. Naturally, everyone 'Reformed' comes out with guns blazin'. I've got more to say on this, but I'm too lazy to type.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Now I understand how you won Rebecca over to Doug's side! With quotes like that, how could she resist?