Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Spoiling the whole bunch

"What ultimately led to the demise in the popularity of apple cider consumption was the Temperance movement. Because the Temperance movement was religiously based, many of the church going farmers gave up their drinking of apple cider. Many of them even went so far as to chop down the apple trees on their farms."

"During the Colonial Era, hard apple cider was the most popular alcoholic beverage in America"...read this or this

A Real Store

Yes, Abby lives in NY

1 comment:

Abigail said...

john told me i needed to check your blog, but i wasn't prepared for such a delightful beverage surprise! i fully expected a picture of coarse, common beer or hard cider to slap me in the face, but, instead, the link led me to a new expression of my beloved!

i am sorely tempted, tho' my baby decries it. perhaps in march... :)