Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Blogic

Have you ever had a discussion with someone and used term 'illogical'? Or heard a biased speech and summed it up as horse manure? Well, I have. Until recently, though I've been weaponless.

This was all spurred by the book The Well Trained Mind. I was reviewing some stuff to get ready for our wee-one. Long story short, I got distracted. Sure enough I was in the Logic section. While learning scads of info and some cool latin terms, I also will never read Snow White the same way (read: cute story).

I'm also one chapter short of being done with Tearing Down Strongholds by R.C. Jr. This book is a good primer on apologetics and logic too. To those of you who equate Logic with God, it's a must read. I'm pretty devoid of any logical (as in subject) training. So when R.C. said logic was amoral and void of content, I was picking up stones. Little did I know, little did I know.

So the only thing I have to offer is links. One to Canon Press and the other to Logical Fallacies. After reading and studying just a little bit, I offer my magnus opus:

People today are illogical
Today I'm a person
Today is illogical.

No comments: