Thursday, June 21, 2007

Square is square

I've always thought that rectangular barns were inefficent by any standard. Too much walking, not enough doing. If I were a prophet though, I'd say round barns will have a comeback, especially in smaller dairy operations. Unfortunately modern economics don't allow for small farms to make a return on investment, so they'll have to continue using century old buildings that weren't really suited for dairying anyway. With today's technology you could turn an entire barn into a rotary parlor!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I came over from Rbecca's blog. We're from PA, but now live in Kentucky. Thanks for the articles on the dangers of raw milk. Last fall, my husband drank some raw milk while we were visiting some friends who own a dairy farm. He got campylobacteriosis. It was extremely bad. My hubby, who runs six miles a day, and NEVER gets sick lost 35 pounds very quickly. The doctors thought he might have colon cancer, and then discovered the bacteria. It has had far reaching effects. He tires much easier than he previosly did, suffers some stomach and bowel problems, etc.