Saturday, May 19, 2007

A real Pennsylvania Press


Here's the pic of my cider press that I stole for $75. The guy I bought it off of lives approx 40 miles from here. He said this press was on the farm when his grandparents bought the place. The story is that this farm was given to one of William Penn's close friends in the early 1700s. At the time the whole valley (some 400acres) was all grapes. Apparently this was wine country before the Revolutionary War. So I don't know if this was originally used for pressing apples or grapes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

trawlerman said...

i just bought a $3000 movie projector for $275. i could even use it to smash apples or grapes if i felt so inclined.

smilnsigh said...

Here is the original of the press. And a story to go with it! It doesn't get much better than this!

I hope you wrote the story down and put it in a safe place. Wouldn't want it to be lost, when this antique is handed down to your children.

Mari-Nanci