Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Post

I'm not sure why I haven't taken the time to post in so long. I've had many good things to write, just never taken the time.
I've been busy with trying to maintain a semblence of balance between work and home, with little avail. Work leads to more work, which leads to more work which leads to 2am emergency phone calls about calvings, equipment failure, etc

Long story short, I've changed jobs. In December I'll be working on another farm. Less hours, same pay, less to manage... All around a good deal. I even get most weekends off (and I mean Saturday and Sunday).

Someday I won't be so naive. All of us make choices in life. Some people just make poor choices in less noticeble, or more acceptable ways.

We are nevertheless thankful for the Lord's provision and goodness.

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

All round good deal, I should say! Wonderful!!! I'm so happy for all of you.

'MN'

Els said...

Hi Matt,
hope it will be the right choice; we've noticed that you did make a lot of hours! May God bless you in your new job and with all the changes that it brings!
But if you move house again, it might take a bit longer before we come and visit...

Full of Grace said...

Hi Matt,
Congratulations on the new job! We'll be praying that you find a new home quickly, and that your adjustment to your new job goes smoothly. Too bad your new job didn't bring you closer this way, but from the sounds of it, you are in the church God wants you to be in! Congrats Again! :)

Wendy said...

Congratulations Matt! It is so important for you to be happy with your work...I am only too sad to see that it did not send your family back this way. Hope all goes well with the move!